Friday, May 28, 2010
The video is a little over 4 minutes and it's pure brilliance. I hope you will sit for the next 4 minutes, turn it up and listen and just enjoy.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
* Gladiator shoes. They are not cute in any way shape or form. They look terrible with everything and all on their own. And as much as I love glitter and sparkles, not even that can doll these sandals up.
* No horns, screeching, or sirens in radio commercials. This scares the shit out of me every time, plain and simple.
* Plain metal license plate frames. These are beyond annoying because right around 5 o'clock they blind you if your driving behind someone who has one. If your a girl, throw some glitter or rhinestones on that thing and it will help to not blind us with the reflection. If your a guy, just remove the damn thing, you don't really need it.
* Tribal Tattoos. They kinda don't really mean anything and your not in a tribe, so think of something else so you don't look so silly forever. But IF you ARE in a tribe then you should probably let us know, cause that's kinda important stuff we need to know. (Courtesy of Tina)
* Leaving your dog in the car while you "run" into the store. I swear if I see you do this you will get the WORST note left on your car from me. Honestly, I wish they could give tickets for this....
* Wearing flip flops that aren't white anymore. This is gross. You should know that when you purchased these white shoes that they would have a short life, so if you spent a bunch of money on them that was a mistake. It's impossible to keep them clean for a lengthy period of time and they do not look cute AT ALL if they aren't still white. :)
*Standing in the middle of a grocery store isle while your looking at something and and when I say "excuse me" (in my sweet voice) and try to pass, you look at ME like I'M the one in YOUR way. Enough said. There should be grocery store "police"... i swear.
If you have one to add, let me know ;)
Happy Lovely Monday!!! ♥
Sunday, May 9, 2010
I was breathless for a few hours after. (geezus, I sound like a weinie!)
In early 2000 my grandma was surprisingly struck with Colon Cancer. It was found randomly and it was too late to properly treat her to successfully recover. It was right around that time when we still "didn't get it" on what the hell Cancer REALLY does to you. What I do know is that she died a very tragic painful death, something I think about almost everyday, it still haunts me after 10 years. She was the sweetest, gentlest person I have ever known. She passed on
Aug 12, 2000.
In October 2007 it was discovered that my mom had the same Cancer. They express it was extremely important that they operate on her that next week. Luckily in those 7 years they had learned a little more about this evil monster. They operated on my mom that next week and everything had gone well. She had a little over a month to recover and her Chemo treatments begun. December 12, 2007 my nephew was born and was the same day of my mom's first Chemo session. The treatments were to last 6 months. It felt like a lifetime away... She had stacked treatments per week to hit it extra hard to make sure it killed the evil bastard. She went on Wednesdays for 6 hours receiving treatment, Thursdays were about 2 1/2 hours and Fridays were less then 30 minutes. I may have been on the inside of this story but I was still on the outside of how this could have possibly felt happening to her. I'm sparing you a bunch of details that weren't very sunny... like side effects and things, but the treatment basically kills you so it can save your life. On May 16, 2008, my birthday, she had her LAST Chemo treatment. It could not have been a better gift to me, and most importantly to her as well.
I'm thankful for the extra special SCAN's she got and still gets from UCLA. It's essentially a clear microscope into her body that continues to give her a green light of health to this day so we can rest a little better. My mom is one of the most strongest, amazing people I know, along with all the other Cancer survivors out there.
Cancer is an evil, evil monster, and Colon Cancer is scary. It's in the one place that men and women aren't really too excited about.
The only problem with everything you can learn about it is that there is a bunch of controversy about whether it's hereditary and if it's something you actually do in your daily life that causes it. So, there's still a ton more learning to be had...
I figure, my mom was so strong to endure all those Chemo treatments the least I could do was go thru 40 minutes of pain in her honor.
♥ The N is for my grandma Norma and the K is for my mom Karen, the N holds the date that my grandma passed, 8.12.2000 and the K holds the date that my mom survived it 5.16.2008. The humming bird is something my grandma loved and is now cherished by my mom. ♥
I love you mom ♥
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
(If I knew of these sooner so would you, sorry for the late notice)
Courtesy of my beloved Daily Candy, here are some cute, sweet treats and heavy metal.
Love & Toast has some of the cutest little hand cremes and perfume's. The scents look really yummy and the packaging is super catchy, (I like catchy :)). If you make a purchase from the enter DC30%OFF at check out and receive 30% off your order. :)
Armor has some of the coolest pieces I have seen in a while (since Little Rooms, scroll down the blog if you missed that one). Its jewelry for your body. Basically it's really awesome, draping yourself in metal just sounds sexy, doesn't it?
You gotta save your pennies for these pieces though, they aren't cheap, but I'm sure well worth it! My fav's are the rings and shoulder pieces... these may be on my birthday wish list. :)
I think its, Chocolate and Diamonds are a way to a girls heart, right? If your me, Diamonds for sure, the chocolate is good, but I take one bite and pass it to the left for someone else to eat cause one bit is all I can handle. BUT, these truffles from John Kelly Chocolates look amazing, I might splurge and take two bites. ;)